Henry Lauffer Jr.
- Born: 27 Dec 1793, Pleasant Unity, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
- Christened: 6 Jan 1794, St. John's Lutheran, Mt. Pleasant, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania
- Marriage: Anna Marie Gress in Sep 1814 in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania
- Died: 18 Apr 1873, Manor Valley, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania at age 79
- Buried: Denmark Manor Cemetery Penn Twp Westmoreland Co., PA
The Henry Lauffer family bible was in the hands of his son, Isaac Lauffer, of Greensburg, and the records were in perfect form.
He resided with his father, Henry Sr, on the old homestead until the death of the latter in 1821, after which he lived on a farm just west of Greensburg. He later moved into the Manor Valley. He conducted a large business and acquired considerable property. For many years he operated a Fulling Mill in the Manor Valley, on the James McKeever farm in Penn township. Home-made cloth, flannels and blankets were brought for many miles to his mill to be fulled. Fulling shrunk the cloth and made it thicker, closer and softer. He built the first brick house in the Manor Valley. He began wagoning, driving a big conestoga wagon, with four or six horses, between Pittsburgh and Baltimore, when only sixteen years old.
Henry married Anna Marie Gress, daughter of Valentine Gress and Unknown, in Sep 1814 in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania. (Anna Marie Gress was born on 3 Sep 1795 in Pleasant Unity, Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania, christened on 6 Apr 1796 in Westmoreland County, Pennsylvania and died on 24 Apr 1870 in Manor Valley, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania.)